Allee 1, Simuna Alevik, Väike-Maarja, Lääne-Virumaa
A magnificent baroque mansionView the location on map
- 270 000 €
- Kap. remonti vajav
Size of the plot
60 798 m2
Year of construction
- tahke kütus
- WC ja vannituba eraldi
Communications and Facilities
The elegant Avanduse manor has been put on public offer. The total size of the property, including Avanduse Park, is 6 hectares.
The oldest part of the manor house is a two-storey baroque stone building built in 1760, located on the right side of the building. 19th century the manor house was supplemented with several extensions. The last reconstruction was carried out between 1899 and 1902, during which the government building on the left was also included in the building. Today, the manor is an extremely long and articulated historicist main building, built in several stages.
Avanduse manor was first mentioned in 1494. In the 15th century, the manor belonged to von Taubede. 17th century was owned by the von Fock manor, but it was burnt down in the Great Northern War. In the 19th century, Friedrich Benjamin von Lütke, a geographer, a well-known Russian sailor who had made several voyages around the world and a researcher in the Arctic Ocean and the president of the St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences, bought the manor as a summer home. F. B. von Lütke lived in the manor until his death. The last owner of the manor was Konstantin Karl von Bremen from 1888 until the transfer of the manor with the land reform of 1919.
The author of the last reconstruction, which lasted from 1899 to 1902, was the architect Rudolf von Engelhardt. Major reconstructions took place in the right wing of the main building, where a large hall and a winter garden were built to connect the government building to the main building. As a result, a unique Neo-Renaissance building was formed.
Until 1955, the manor housed the Avanduse Agricultural School of the People’s Commissariat of Agricultural Work, later the Simuna State Farm Center. Until 2005, the municipality of Avanduse was located in the building, but in 2005 the rural municipalities of Avanduse and Väike-Maarja joined. In November 2010, the manor house became private property.
It is a unique neo-Renaissance building, partly two-storey and partly single-storey.
Planned plan according to the preliminary design approved by the National Heritage Board:
On the first floor of the manor house there is a veranda, wind room, 3 lounges and a library, 1 large hall with a fireplace, 2 dining rooms and one conservatory-dining room, 2 kitchens, 5 utility rooms, 6 staff rooms, bicycle room, staircase, 7 toilets, shower room, swimming pool, steam room and a steam bath.
On the second floor of the manor there are 18 guest rooms with a toilet and a shower room, a performance room, an attic and a private tower.
The manor has a 337 square meter basement, where there is a wine storage and tasting room, a boiler house, a technical room, an auxiliary room, a cloakroom and a toilet.
The ensemble of the historical manor includes a typical English-style manor park of the era. Avanduse Park, which is recognized as a cultural monument, has a spacious lawn and an alley of deciduous trees. Many trees are remarkably large and have a well-developed canopy. The edge areas of the park are denser and bordered by trees and shrubs.
There is a memorial plaque to Friedrich von Lütke in the main building and a pond with an island on the south side. Behind the main building is a spacious garden decorated with trees.
Avanduse manor is a knight’s manor in Simuna, Väike-Maarja municipality in Lääne-Viru county and is located only an hour and a half drive from Tallinn. The largest lake in Estonia, Lake Peipsi, is 49 kilometers away. The nearest town to the manor is the town of Rakvere, which is forty-two kilometers away.
If you want to own a prestigious historic mansion, you are welcome to contact us to make an appointment to make sure that this is your new successful investment project or a magnificent mansion!